Insurance for Research & Development
Who's it for?
- Clinical research associates
- Companies involved in the drug
development supply chain
- Consultancy services
- Contract manufacturing organizations
(research and trial materials)
- Contract research service providers
- Drug discovery companies
- Drug development companies
- Other scientific companies in the
research and development phase
What does it cover?
- Ideologically motivated attacks
- Business interruption
- General liability
- Pollution and contamination liability
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Breach of contract
- Intellectual property rights infringement
- Virus and hacking attack liability
- Loss mitigation
- Payment of withheld fees
- Clinical trials
- Employee fidelity
- Website damage
- Brand protection
- Court attendance costs
Why do I need this?
- R&D provides broad, flexible coverage in an easy to understand format for scientific research companies throughout their life-cycle.
- It allows cover to be tailored around individual business models and risk profiles and can be adapted easily as and when this changes. This is particularly beneficial for 'virtual companies' where a lot of physical work is undertaken by supply chain partners, for companies moving from pre-clinical research to start clinical trials, and for companies providing a blend of products and services to their customers.
- For start-up companies, we have a two page application process that gives these fledgling companies a simple, basic, cost effective package of cover that can be built upon as they develop.
©2021 Novus Insurance Brokers
California License Number: 0H49311